INTERNATIONAL ONE WHEEL ASSOCIATION
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The International One Wheel Association member code of conduct strives to enhance the sport by promoting principles amongst members, as well as all athletes or volunteers participating with the IOWA. It is a formal statement of the values and ethical standards that guide individuals in sport. It is a set of principles to which athletes can be held accountable. The Code is used as a point of reference when participating at events.
- Treat everyone fairly within the context of their activity, regardless of gender, place of origin, color, sex, religion, political belief or economic status.
- Teach members how to manage conflict and stress and use good judgment in tough situations.
- Be generous with praise and give positive inputs and feedback.
- Encourage a constructive attitude toward competitions.
- Encourage individuals to continue their participation in sport.
- Be reasonable when scheduling events and training.
- Teach members to compete fairly and to respect the rules, officials and competitors.
- Ensure that all members receive equal instruction, and support.
- Never ridicule or yell at fellow members for making mistakes or for performing poorly.
- Make sure equipment and facilities are safe and match the athlete’s ages and abilities.
- Obtain the proper training and continue to improve skills.
- Refrain from public criticism of fellow athletes, officials and volunteers especially when addressing the media.
- Consider the members future health and well being as foremost when making decisions regarding injury or their ability to continue competing or training.
- Abstain from the use of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages during competition.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language or behavior.
- In the case of minors, communicate and co-operate with the athlete’s parents or legal guardians, involving them in management decisions pertaining to their child’s participation.
Become an International One Wheel Association Member
Ready to join the community and begin receiving benefits of being a member of the IOWA?