INTERNATIONAL ONE WHEEL ASSOCIATION
ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
The International One Wheel Association (IOWA) Athlete Code of Conduct outlines the standard of behavior expected of all members of the IOWA, as well as all Officials employed or volunteering with the IOWA. It is a formal statement of the values and ethical standards that guide individuals in sport. It is a set of principles and norms to which sports people and officials can be held accountable when representing or officiating at any IOWA event. The Code is used as a point of reference when dealing with disciplinary procedures against members or officials.
- Respect the event rules and compete in the spirit of the competition
- Display high standards of behavior that promote a positive image for our sport.
- Respect fellow competitors.
- Respect other athletes and officials’ cultures and beliefs.
- Respect the officials and their decisions.
- Be gracious in victory and defeat.
- Compete fairly.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language or behavior during competition
- Strive to maintain a sense of self-control and dignity at all times.
- Thank officials and opposing athletes during fairplay.
- Maintain a sense of integrity.
- Respect the event facilities and equipment.
- Reject corruption, racism & violence.
- Help others to resist corrupting pressures.
- Denounce those who attempt to discredit the sport.
- Honor those who defend the sport’s good reputation.
- Abstain from the use of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages during competition at any IOWA related event.
- Never provide under age participants with alcohol or tobacco.
- Communicate and cooperate with registered medical practitioners/testing centers in the diagnoses, treatment and management of medical problems and respect the concerns these medical people have when they are considering my future health and well being and when they are making decisions regarding my ability to continue competing or training.
- Provide interviews to official and on-site event media as requested
Become an International One Wheel Association Member
Ready to join the community and begin receiving benefits of being a member of the IOWA?